Grab your leafy herbs from the garden and use this salsa to accompany meat or fish dishes, or on its own as a dip. A traditional Italian Salsa Verde is mostly made from parsley, but you can use varying combinations of parsley, corainder, basil and mint. I even snuck in a few loose leaves of spinach in mine, because why not?
I believe you'll get a better result if you chop everything by hand, but you can also use a food processor to blitz everything together.
- 2 big handfuls of herbs - mostly parsley, with some mint and basil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 T capers, finely chopped
- 2 t white wine vinegar
- 1/2 t dijon mustard
- 1 - 2 fillets anchovies (optional)
- Squeeze of lemon
- 8 - 10 T good quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Finely chop your herbs, and place in bowl. Add remaining ingredients except the oil, combining well, add oil till you get your desired consistency, and season with salt and pepper to taste.